Star-K Kosher Certification:Kosher Certified, Islamic Food and Nutrition Council of America:Halal Certified, Organic Materials Review Institute:OMRI Listed®, FDA:FCN 1018, FSIS:Directive 7120.1, Health Canada:iLONO, Israel Ministry of Health:Ref: 70275202
Targets Shiga toxin producing Escherichia coli (STEC), including O157:H7 and all “big six” STEC serotypes.
Phage preparations effective against Shiga toxin producing Escherichia coli (STEC), including O157:H7 and all “big six” STEC serotypes.
EcoShield™ PX is an all-natural, non-chemical antimicrobial preparation for controlling the foodborne bacterial pathogen Escherichia coli, and Shiga toxin producing E. coli (STEC) in particular, including O157:H7 STEC.
EcoShield™ PX is the choice for eliminating or significantly reducing contamination of food, such as meat, poultry, fruits, vegetables, dairy products (including cheese), fish, and other seafood with Shiga toxin producing E. coli because it:
- FDA affirmed as GRAS (GRN000834)
- FDA-cleared, through a "Food Contact Notification" or FCN, for use on red meat parts and trim intended to be ground (FCN No. 1018)
- FSIS-listed as safe and suitable for use in the production of red meat parts and trim, carcasses, primals, and sub-primals, and ground beef as processing aid with no labeling requirements (FSIS Directive 7120.1)
- Requires no labeling ("clean label")
- Contains no preservatives
- Cost effective
- Effective under a wide range of food storage conditions (e.g., 2°C-42°C)
- All natural and not genetically modified (non-GM)
- Kosher and Halal
- Has no effect on organoleptic properties (including taste, appearance, and smell) of foods