Phage Preparation Effective
SalmoFresh™ is an all-natural, non-chemical antimicrobial preparation for controlling the foodborne bacterial
pathogen Salmonella enterica. The active ingredients of SalmoFreshTM are naturally occurring lytic
bacteriophages that selectively and specifically kill Salmonella, including strains belonging to the most
common / highly pathogenic serotypes Typhimurium, Enteritidis, Heidelberg, Newport, Hadar, Kentucky,
Thompson, Georgia, Agona, Grampian, Senftenberg, Alachua, Infantis, Reading, and Schwarzengrund.
SalmoFresh™ is specifically designed for treating foods that are at high risk for Salmonella contamination.
Red meat and poultry in particular can be treated prior to grinding for significant reductions in Salmonella
SalmoFresh™ is the choice for eliminating or significantly reducing contamination of food with Salmonella because it:
- Is GRAS for direct application onto poultry, fish and shellfish, and fresh and processed fruits and
vegetables (GRN No. 435).
- Is FSIS-listed as safe and suitable for use in the production of raw poultry in general (including parts and trim, raw poultry prior to grinding, and raw poultry after grinding) and certain other poultry products (such as ready-to-eat poultry products prior to slicing) as a processing aid with no labeling requirements (FSIS Directive 7120.1).
- Is Health Canada approved for use on fish, shellfish, and fresh and process fruits and vegetables or
on ready-to-eat poultry products prior to slicing and on raw poultry prior to grinding or after grinding
- Is National Food Service of Israel approved as a as a food processing aid for the treatment of fish,
shellfish, fresh and processed fruits and vegetables and poultry immediately before or after grinding,
and on ready to eat products before slicing (ref: 70275202).
- Is certified both Kosher and Halal.
- Is OMRI listed ("organic").
- Requires no labeling ("clean label").
- Does not contain preservatives.
- Is cost effective and cost competitive.
- Is effective under a wide range of food storage conditions (e.g., 2°C-42°C)
- Is all natural and not genetically modified (non-GM).
- Does not alter food flavor, aroma, or nutritional value.
For product inquires or to place an order, email Intralytix at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-877-ITXPHAGE (489-7424) and select option 1.