Phage Preparation Effective
Against Escherichia coli O157:H7
EcoShield™ is an all-natural, non-chemical antimicrobial preparation for controlling the foodborne bacterial
pathogen Escherichia coli O157:H7. The active ingredients of EcoShield™ are naturally occurring lytic
bacteriophages that selectively and specifically kill E. coli O157:H7. EcoShield™ is specifically designed for
treating foods that are at high risk for E. coli O157:H7 contamination.
EcoShield™ is the choice for eliminating or significantly
reducing contamination of food with E. coli O157:H7
- Is FDA-cleared, through a "Food Contact Notification" or FCN, for use on red meat parts and trim
intended to be ground (FCN No. 1018).
- Is FSIS-listed as safe and suitable for use in the production of red meat parts and trim prior to grinding
as processing aid with no labeling requirements (FSIS Directive 7120.1).
- Is Health Canada approved for use on red meat parts and trim prior to grinding (iLONO).
- Is National Food Service of Israel approved as food processing aid for the treatment of meat
immediately before grinding (Ref: 70275202).
- Is certified both Kosher and Halal.
- Requires no labeling ("clean label").
- Does not contain preservatives.
- Is cost effective and cost competitive.
- Is effective under a wide range of food storage conditions (e.g. 2°C-42°C).
- Is all natural and not genetically modified (non-GM).
- Does not alter food flavor, aroma, or nutritional value.