Intralytix is seeking a Manufacturing Technician to work at our company headquarters in Columbia, Maryland. The successful applicant reports to the Director of Manufacturing to meet company goals and manage day to day activities. This individual understands and executes most fundamentals and some specialized lab techniques focused on Production and Process Development, along with associated Purification and Analytics.
Required Skills & Technical Expertise:
- Minimum 1-year experience with bioreactors and/or fermenters required
- Experience with bioprocess engineering techniques a plus
- Experience with various filtration techniques a plus
- Responsible for time management with regard to fundamental duties
- Investigates and troubleshoots simple technical problems during normal operation where feasible. Informs supervisor of problems and any action taken.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Upstream generation of phage-based products in bacterial systems
- Concentration/Purification of bacteriophages produced
- Drying of bacteriophage cocktails into solid format
- Process Development of Upstream, Downstream, and drying methods in order to increase yields and ensure reproducibility
- Execution of associated analytical protocols as needed
- Interface with Facilities team regarding equipment troubleshooting and preventative maintenance as needed
- Generation of SOP's and batch records to document and ensure traceability of work performed
- Receives overall project direction from supervisor, able to carry out most day to day techniques with limited supervision
- Reviews new assignments with supervisor. Routinely consults supervisor at the start and completion of a set of experiments
Education / Previous Experience:
- Associates Degree in Biotechnology or B.S. in Chemical Engineering, Biomedical engineering, Biology, Life Sciences or related field
- 1 year or more of experience in pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry or academia a plus
- The ability to work in team-oriented environment is essential, as this person will work with other members of the Manufacturing, Process Development, and R&D groups as required
The Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. The benefits package includes health insurance, company paid life insurance and long-term disability insurance, paid parking, and 401(K) with matching company contribution.
Please send a cover letter with a summary of experience, curriculum vitae, and the names and contact information of at least two references to:
8681 Robert Fulton Dr.
Columbia, MD 21046.
Applications also can be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. At the present time, Intralytix, Inc. is unable to support visa applications; therefore, all applicants must be already eligible for employment in the United States. Intralytix, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.