Intralytix is seeking a BioProcess Engineer to work at our company headquarters in Columbia, Maryland. The successful applicant reports to the Director of Manufacturing to meet company goals and manage day to day activities. This individual understands and executes most fundamentals and some specialized lab techniques focused on Production and Process Development, along with associated Purification and Analytics.
Required Skills & Technical Expertise:
- Minimum 1 year experience with bioreactors and/or fermenters required
- Experience with bioprocess engineering techniques required
- Experience with various filtration techniques a plus
- Works independently while still under direction of a supervisor
- Responsible for time management with regard to experimental studies
- Investigates and troubleshoots simple technical problems during normal experiments. Informs supervisor of action taken. Utilizes colleagues and literature to solve more complex problems
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Upstream generation of phage-based products in bacterial systems
- Concentration/Purification of bacteriophages produced
- Drying of bacteriophage cocktails into solid format
- Process Development of Upstream, Downstream, and drying methods in order to increase yields and ensure reproducibility
- Execution of associated analytical protocols as needed
- Interface with Facilities team regarding equipment troubleshooting and preventative maintenance as needed
- Generation of SOP's and batch records to document and ensure traceability of work performed
Scientific & Technical Leadership:
- Builds credibility within lab group by performing high quality work
- Effectively communicates results of own work through scientific meetings, presentations, discussions and documentation
- Receives overall project direction from supervisor, able to carry out most day to day techniques with limited supervision
- Reviews new assignments with supervisor. Routinely consults supervisor at the start and completion of a set of experiments
- May train others on instrumentation or techniques as appropriate
Education / Previous Experience:
- B.S. in Chemical Engineering, Biomedical engineering, Biology, Life Sciences or related field
- 1-3 years of experience in pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry or academia is a plus
- The ability to work in team oriented environment is essential, as this person will work closely with other members of the R&D, Process Development, and Facilities Groups and participate on multidisciplinary project teams
The Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. The benefits package includes health insurance, company paid life insurance and long-term disability insurance, paid parking, and 401(K) with matching company contribution.
Please send a cover letter with a summary of experience, curriculum vitae, and the names and contact information of at least two references to:
8681 Robert Fulton Dr.
Columbia, MD 21046.
Applications also can be e-mailed to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. At the present time, Intralytix, Inc. is unable to support visa applications; therefore, all applicants must be already eligible for employment in the United States. Intralytix, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.