Quality Control Scientist
Intralytix is currently seeking a Quality Control Scientist to work at our laboratories in downtown Baltimore, Maryland. The successful applicant will conduct routine QC testing in support of manufacturing, using a variety of equipment and test methods. The primary role of this position is to ensure regulatory compliance for all commercial lots of bacteriophage preparations produced. The salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. The benefits package includes health insurance and a 401(k) retirement plan.
The Quality Control Scientist:
- Performs quality control (QC) testing of bacteriophage preparations.
- Accurately captures production and QC data and maintains detailed records in compliance with relevant Federal regulations and other applicable requirements.
- Participates in writing, reviewing, and modifying SOPs and other pertinent documents as necessary.
- Ensures proper maintenance / certification of QC- and production-relevant equipment and instruments, ensuring compliance.
- Participates in investigation of manufacturing issues.
- Develops and optimizes QC protocols in conjunction with R&D.
- Assists in phage manufacturing and downstream processing, and participates in design and conduct of experiments related to phage isolation and characterization as needed.
Skills / Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Life Sciences.
- Ability to work with bio-hazardous materials (Biosafety Level II).
- Ability to keep detailed and accurate records for quality control purposes and to prioritize and perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Computer experience and knowledge of basic software, such as Word, Excel, statistical software, Adobe.
- Willingness to work independently as well as in a team environment./li>
- Strong interpersonal communication and writing skills.
- Basic background in microbiology. Knowledge of molecular techniques, such as PFGE, RFLP, DNA isolation, etc. is a plus.
- Knowledge of quality control (QC) testing.
- Experience working under ISO accreditation standards or GLP.
- Experience using a laboratory information management system or similar system.
Please send a cover letter with a summary of experience, curriculum vitae, and the names and contact information of at least two references to:
Dr. Alexander Sulakvelidze
The Columbus Center
701 E. Pratt Street
Baltimore, MD 21202.
Applications also can be faxed to 410-625-2506, or e-mailed to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. At the present time, Intralytix, Inc. is unable to support visa applications; therefore, all applicants must be already eligible for employment in the United States. Intralytix, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.